[OSGeo-Edu] Our past discussions about curriculum collaboration

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Aug 18 07:36:32 EDT 2010

Mueller, Thomas wrote:
> Sorry for the second email, but I wanted to send this via my calu
> email (which has been on the fritz).  That is an interesting idea.  I
> have a few crime mapping lessons that I could re-work for open
> source.  My student and I also took a set of basic lessons on
> watershed and converted them to MapWindow and QGIS.  I am going to ask
> the professor that we worked on those lessons for if we can share them.
Great Tom...

Dan and I are going to start a wiki page so that we can all start adding
entries to the kinds of content we have. I have several exercises
written up for QGIS that I use in my Intro to Spatial Technologies class
for natural resource conservation students. I'd like to have us develop
a draft outline to try and organize what we might have available out there.

More soon once the initial wiki page is built...