[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo Education Committee Meeting

T M calu_gis at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 08:39:38 EDT 2010

Sorry I will be unable to attend

Please keep me updated
Tom Mueller, Ph.D., GISP
California University of Pennsylvania

GIS 4 LIFE !

--- On Thu, 7/29/10, Charlie Schweik <cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu> wrote:

From: Charlie Schweik <cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu>
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo Education Committee Meeting
To: scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Cc: "OSGeo-edu" <edu_discuss at lists.osgeo.org>
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 6:57 AM

Simon Cropper wrote:
> Charlie & others,
>
> Has the final time for this meeting been settled
Based on the Doodle poll results, our IRC meeting will be at 12:00 noon UTC on Friday July 30, 2010.
We'll talk for about 1 hour and I'll try to guide us through the agenda and keep us on point. Please check for your local time at [1]
> and has anyone clarified what IRC channel and node were are going to be using?

Arnulf suggested we use the #osgeo channel on irc.freenode.net, in part because it should log our conversation. I use IRC only very infrequently -- so could someone who is more experienced send out some instructions on logging in to this channel?

I used http://webchat.freenode.net/ via my browser and it appears to work although I am not sure the message I sent to others logged in was received. I plan to log in  today at 9:30 am Eastern US time (cschweik) and it would be great if someone else will too so we can test in advance of our meeting tomorrow.

Talk to some of you tomorrow! Thanks all.

Charlie

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=30&year=2010&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----