[OSGeo-Edu] Permission to use the Association for Amercan Geographer's GIS&T Body of Knowledge framework

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 04:14:31 EDT 2010

Charlie,
I'm interested to know the nature of the permission you have been
granted regarding the AAG GIS&T Body of Knowledge.

Of note, it seems that the document is not for free, as you can purchase
it from AAG's website.
Is there a free copy floating around that we can use?

I ask as I'm putting together a proposal for sponsoring the development
of training material.

On 25/03/10 13:06, Charlie Schweik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1) Good news.
>
> Well it took me 3 months to get this (it was a bit complicated), but I
> finally got permission from the two groups with the copyright over the
> AAG GIS&T Body of Knowledge [1] to use it as a potential guiding
> framework for our future curriculum work. I hope to restart
> discussions about this soon. If anyone would be willing to step up and
> help me coordinate the curriculum effort (I'm frantically trying to
> get a book done and to a publisher right now), please contact me.
> Also, I'd like to keep moving forward on the Webinar idea and could
> use some help on that front. Please contact me if you are interested.
>
> 2) I'm going to the AAG conference on April 15th in Washington D.C. I
> think Helena and I are on a panel about open source GIS being chaired
> by Luc Anselin. If anyone else is going, perhaps we could coordinate a
> Birds of a Feather meeting that day. Please contact me if you want to
> do this.
>
> More soon, hopefully.
>
> Cheers
>
> Charlie