[OSGeo-Edu] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Geospatial Foundation and Centre for Geospatial Science Sign MoU

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:27:20 EDT 2010

On 29/09/10 00:27, Suchith Anand wrote:
> That is a good point. My vision is that the internship students now
> will become the mentors for the programme in the future...  That way
> we build up research and educational capability in Open Source GIS
> within academia.

Suchith,
I'm interested to hear you spell out your vision in more detail.
In particular, I'm hoping to hear that your program would be very
collaborative with the Open Source community, and spend less to creating
your own material, and more on creating templates and reference example
material and supporting the Open Source community populate these templates.
I see such coordination as the core missing component for an explosion
in the development of quality training material.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director

Think Globally, Fix Locally