[OSGeo-Edu] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Geospatial Foundationand Centre for Geospatial Science Sign MoU

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Sep 28 22:07:53 EDT 2010

CUAHSI  - http://www.cuahsi.org/ is another example - it has a one time $2000 fee to join (quite reasonable I think).
It is a very active, very visible organization.

Related to that, I have created a list of universities that offer semester long courses
with strong GFOSS focus - several have very good online material:
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/osgeoedu_courses.html

If you don't see your program listed please email me the name of the course, instructor and a link
(for example, I did not get anything from UK so far).
I would like to ask Tyler to post it on the OSGeo web site (I will email you the plain html for it),
we can update it each year at the conference.
The list may provide some potential founding members for the consortium, if we decide
it is worth to form it (I am not sure).

Helena