[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo Live DVD - ELOGeo

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 08:09:12 EDT 2011

On Aug 8, 2011, at 5:34 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> But what I believe is required is:
>
> 1. A vision of what a full set of course material will look like, along with a definition of end users and links back to training goals (like the Body of Knowledge and University training courses).
>
> 2. Writing templates and guidelines, and supporting tools.
>
> 3. Associated processes and workflows for document creation.
>
> 4. A dedicated editor/technical writer charged with providing the technical review.
>
> 5. A project coordinator / champion who will help attract authors, and help authors write funding proposals for their external organizations.

I fully concur with the above, in particular with #5 above. The only way to make this happen is to have someone spearheading the effort with funds to back the initiative. Without it, it ain't going nowhere.

Puneet.

(And, I agree with Cameron not just because he was a great host, and bought me breakfast in Sydney)