[OSGeo-Edu] Establishing two regular virtual meeting times

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Dec 6 15:53:38 EST 2011

On 12/06/2011 06:56 AM, Charles Schweik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Suchith is making the good suggestion that we establish a regular
> monthly virtual meeting time. The issue is we have nearly global
> representation/interest.
>
> 15:00 UTC on a Friday seems to be a possible good regular meeting time
> for many people in Europe and the US and some other countries, but I
> don't believe it works well for people in Asia and Australia, etc.
>
> QUESTION: Would someone on this list be willing to do some World Clock
> analysis to try and propose two UTC time slots that would provide
> reasonable global coverage?
>
> What I'm thinking is that we
>
> 1) establish two regular monthly meetings with the hope that at least
> one person can attend both or that we use a wiki meeting notes page to
> communicate between these two meetings; OR
> 2) we have one monthly meeting that rotates timezones so that we have
> global participation as monthly meetings continue.
>
> If anyone has better ideas please suggest them.
>
> Thanks
> Charlie

These times have been somewhat well researched by all the other OSGeo
committees. Marketing committee meets between 6-9 UTC or 19-22 UTC.
However we don't have anyone from Asia on our meetings regularly, it's
mostly West Coast US, Europe and Aus/NZ.
Though UTC 6-9 seems to be ok for there but late for East Coast US.

Sorry India seems to get the bad end of all the time options.

Thanks,
Alex