[OSGeo-Edu] Foss4G Denver -- a possible panel on education-related presentations?

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Feb 19 13:45:51 EST 2011

Hi folks,

I found myself thinking about FOSS4G in Denver. I'm wondering if we can
put educational issues "more on the map" this year, if we tried to
submit a coordinated proposal to the conference for a set of
presentations (e.g., a session) on educational issues and FOSS4G.
http://2011.foss4g.org/presentations/.

One thought I had would be to hold a session that might have developers
and OSGeo edu people in it and have a panel discussion about what holds
us back from working in a more coordinated manner. I don't know if the
conference organizers would embrace this idea, but I think something
more than a BOF meeting would be a good idea.

So, if you have a topic related to this you would consider presenting,
respond back to the group or email me individually.

In the meantime, I continue to try and get a first cut at a Desktop
OSGeo Exercise Handbook using material I am teaching this semester to
undergrads, and also to high school teachers. The problem is finding
time to do this. If anyone has anything they'd like to contribute to
that effort, please email me.

Thanks