[OSGeo-Edu] Denver "Content Sprint" ideas

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:17:54 EST 2011

Charlie,
I suggest that you build a "reference tutorial". The key will be to get
the structure of the document right, and provide guidance under each
heading with regards to what should be written there.

I suggest having a look at the UDig Quickstart which is the reference
Quickstart for OSGeo-Live.
Don't worry about whether you OpenOffice or RST, or something else for
the moment. Once we have the structure of a tutorial, we can then
transpose it to whatever format and tools we choose.

I'll have very little time to dedicate to this till after OSGeo-Live 4.5
is released (mid March 2011). After that, I'll get involved a bit, but
am aware of the limit to how much time I can personally dedicate to the
task. There is a non-trivial amount of work required for coordination,
managing processes, and quality control. If anyone has grant money they
can tap into, this is an area that I suggest investing in.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally