[OSGeo-Edu] Academic event?

Charles Schweik cschweik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:33:25 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Phillip Davis <pdavis at delmar.edu> wrote:

> We have an event scheduled May 21-23 @ Georgia Tech Conference Center that
> might be good venue.

Hi all,

Sorry for my silence -- I've been traveling a great deal this month and
cannot keep up with the influx of emails. I think we should have our first
OSGeo edu "virtual meeting" about this idea.
I find myself wondering if some of us could collaborate on one or multiple
proposals somewhere to pay for workshop participants to travel to such an
event. For example -- US or EU funding sources perhaps?

Phil, I think you said you had the capability to hold a virtual meeting for
our group?