[OSGeo-Edu] Summary of edu BOF discussion at FOSS4G

Daniel Ames dan.ames at isu.edu
Tue Sep 20 11:59:10 EDT 2011

Charlie,

Thanks for sending this summary.

I suggested at the meeting that we might try to organize a special issue of
a journal with a series of lab exercises using various open source
geospatial tools.

One journal to consider for this is Journal of Geoscience Education (
http://nagt-jge.org/).

What do you all think? If there is any interest then could contact the
journal and ask them if this is something they'd be interested in hosting.

- Dan

Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls