[OSGeo-Edu] Formal Edu Committee Membership list and chair

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Dec 3 21:08:59 PST 2012

Edu List/Committee,

In my quest to find the Education Committee chair to ping him/her
directly for help with the IRS questions (see other thread), I was
surprised to find that we do not seem to have traces of a formal Edu
committee with formally elected voting members (like we have for other
OSGeo committees). Is that really the case or did I just overlook this
very important information?

I always thought that Charlie Schweik was the Edu chair but cannot find
that information written anywhere...

... /me digs a little further

Actually, I just found the following page that seems to be the home of
the Edu Committee:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Education_Committee

... which in turn points to a list of self-elected participants:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Education_Contributors

And in this list Charlie Schweik is identified as chair (you need a good
eye to find that information). Is this indeed the list of members who
make decisions on this committee?

If that's the case, then perhaps at least the chair should be listed
more prominently in the main Education_Committee page so that we know
where to find him/her when needed.

Now, with such a list of contributors, I am confident that we can answer
the IRS questions in no time!  ;-)

Thanks in advance

Daniel