[OSGeo-Edu] An update

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Oct 26 13:43:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Landon's email broke a "quiet period" in our group. But some things
have been happening in behind the scenes.

A major grant went in to the US NSF by a few of us to support
educational curriculum development. It won't be for months before we
hear, but if we hear positively we'll inform the group!

And in November and December, I and others on this list hope to work
on another grant to focus on the international network aspects of our
"Edu community." After that gets more formulated, I might call a web
conference to discuss the proposed ideas more and how it connects to
the OSGeo edu group and to solicit letters of support.

In short, while it may seem like OSGeo's edu list is kind of quiet,
there IS activity going on. I hope some of you are also keeping the
collaborative group in mind as you work on your own stuff and think
about how to move our collective interests forward.

Cheers
Charlie Schweik

P.S. If there are OSGeo edu relevant events happening on your end -- I
encourage you to inform the group!