[OSGeo-Edu] CCVGPG Classes Starting This Summer

Phillip Davis pdavis at delmar.edu
Mon May 6 12:16:52 PDT 2013

Yes our academy would be very interested: http://foss4geo.org

From: edu_discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:edu_discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Landon Blake
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 2:16 PM
To: OSGeo-edu
Subject: [OSGeo-Edu] CCVGPG Classes Starting This Summer

I run CCVGPG (http://www.ccvgpg.org/), a local GIS users group in the California Central Valley. As part of the groups activities we are going to start teaching a couple of monthly classes. As part of the classes I'd like to post instructional videos, sample data sets, quizzes and other material online.

I had a couple of questions for our education committee:

1) Is there any interest in cooperatively developing the course material?
2) Is there any interest in developing a certificate or some other sort of recognition of class completion through the OSGeo or one of the education institutions associated with this committee? (I really like some of the recent movement in this space by Coursera and others.)

I'm open to exploring both of these ideas. The classes will move forward no matter what happens with the OSGeo as far as collaboration, but I think there is an opportunity to capture some synergy.

The first two classes on the program for CCVGPG will be basic GIS design concepts and some GIS programming in Python.

Landon

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email, including attachments, may be
privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential as provided by law. The information in this email is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender by replying to the email message and immediately
return the email, attachments, and any and all copies to the sender. If you are not the intended recipient
of this email and received it in error, please be advised that you may be subject to civil liability for any
use of privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential information contained herein.