[OSGeo-Edu] [OSGeo-Discuss] Maps and the Geospatial Revolution from Jul 17th 2013 at Coursera

Sergio Acosta y Lara sacosta at dntopografia.gub.uy
Fri Sep 6 09:10:26 PDT 2013

Thank you Anthony for those clarifying two cents. I mostly agree with you. The thing is that we need to have that meal with local ingredients, and that is what OSGeo should worry about. Maybe we should have both meals, the one made with local ingredients (free, open) and the other one. And let students choose. For us in the South (and not only here) this kind of meals (sorry for still using this food analogy) also have to do with independence and sovereignty. But that's another discussion (maybe). Again congratulations for a wonderful MOOC. Hope we meet some day,

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Sección Sistemas de Información Geográfica
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY