[OSGeo-Edu] Web cartography, SLD

Regie Alam regie.alam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 13:32:51 PST 2016

Hello Stefan,

   Thanks very much for pointing out those 2 tutorials and the GeoServer
SLD documention.

   I am actually looking for a "packaged" training and/or workshop that I
can attend (either in-class or online) where I can learn best-practices for
web cartography and using SLD.

   I'm actually surprised that not that many individuals and organizations
offer training services about SLD. Is SLD only used by the GeoServer
community? Why the lack of documentation? Are there other vector styling
technologies and techniques more commonly used?

Best Regards,
Regie