[El] Missing dependencies

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 31 17:33:26 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote:
>> GRASS still without the digitizer and without nviz (a minor annoyance).

Is has been disabled for 6.4.0
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/42875/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/gui/wxpython
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2010-August/051498.html

The reason is the impossibility to port the SWIG interface to Windows. There is
already a new interface based on ctypes but this is scheduled for 6.4.1. It
requires vdigit and nviz being rewritten in Python (asap).

Meanwhile, the TclTk equivalents are working.

> Just an idea: did you try whether it is working when using the TCL/Tk interface?

Yes, it will.

> isn't there a makefile under gui/wxpython/ (or gui/) that you should
> modify instead of the main makefile? (just an idea, I don't have the
> sources here)

Since SWIG has been removed, I am not sure that you can enforce
a successful wxvdigit and wxnviz compilation. Hence, for 6.4.0
(unfortunately) it had to be taken out. Yet the TclTk equivalents work fine.

cheers
Markus

PS: Please consider to use the new RC7 (maybe you do)
  http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/grass-6.4.0RC7.tar.gz
  http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/grass-6.4.0RC7.md5sum