[El] GDAL 1.7.3 in elgis-testing

Ralph Apel r.apel at r-apel.de
Sun Dec 5 05:41:01 EST 2010

And wouldn't it be possible to use the "update-alternatives" system,
with a generic called "gdaljni" and two alternatives called "gdal" (for
the original java bindings) and iioext (for those with the patch from
geosolutions).

This alternative would set
/usr/lib/libgdaljni.so.1

with several slaves, i.e.

/usr/lib/libgdaljni.so
/usr/lib/libgdalconstjni.so.1
/usr/lib/libgdalconstjni.so

as well as

/usr/share/java/gdal.jar

For the real files use a prio for gdal original

/usr/lib/libgdaljni.so.1.14.3
/usr/lib/libgdalconstjni.so.1.14.3
/usr/share/java/gdal-1.7.3.jar

whereas for the patched Java binding use "gdaliioext", i.e.
/usr/lib/libgdaliioextjni.so.1.14.3
/usr/lib/libgdaliioextconstjni.so.1.14.3
/usr/share/java/gdaliioext-1.7.3.jar