[El] gdal-java

Viji V Nair viji at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 17 23:40:47 EST 2010

Hi,

gdal is already available on the repo, is there any specific reason
for this rebuild?

if not, i would suggest we should focus on building new apps rather
than duplicating the same.

If the current gdal is having any issues please file a bug report or
write to me, will get it fixed.

I have noticed that java is broken in gdal 1.7.2, it wont build the
jnis properly if libtools is enabled. The same is fixed in 1.7.3 with
lots of another fixes. I am in process of upgrading the same to the
current version.

Thoughts welcome.....

Thanks
Viji