[El] Some thoughts on cooperation

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 18 13:00:59 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Peter Hopfgartner
<peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com> wrote:
> There seems to be quite some movement in the GIS/RPM world recently.
>
> As by now, there are at least 4 sources for RPM packages within RHEL/CentOS/Fedora, not to mention
> Mandrake, which has excellent GIS support and SuSE, which I do not know much about.
>
> 1 Fedora Linux
> 2 EPEL
> 3 Frank Warmerdam's FWTools
> 4 Enterprise Linux GIS

While the Mandriva company is maybe not doing well currently, they offer a vast
amount of the OSGeo stack in their distro, and even updated to current versions.
They also provided patches which we integrated. So, worthwile to consider.
(ah, I am also Mandriva user :)

Their SVN is public.
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/gdal/
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/grass/