[El] gdal-java

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sun Nov 21 13:49:02 EST 2010

> build of gdal on el5 passes well (with only disabling grass support),

excellent!

When you're done with the development proper, we can try to quickly
deploy it to elgis-testing (so that people can start testing/using
GDAL 1.7.3).

With regard to our goal to have only an EPEL build, this is related to
the versions of geos and proj being used there. (upgrading them in
EPEL 5 would probably require another discussion)

> there is an issue with the ImageWrite test in the gdal based geotiff plugin.

there are known issues with BigTiff support in GDAL which would
require a higher version of libtiff than available in base EL 5.
Maybe it's related?