[El] gdal-java + imageio-ext

Ralph Apel r.apel at r-apel.de
Wed Nov 24 06:09:54 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am now trying to determine the minimal required changes to the
elgis-5-testing mock cfg (i.e. additional repos --> jpackage stuff, and
excludes from centos/epel repos) to get imageio-ext building and passing
its tests. The conclusions from this attempts should go into issues or
requirements epel, jpp, etc.

Additionally I will propose a pair of java-1.6.0-sun .nosrc.rpm and
jai-core .src.rpm (the latter with no sources included) linked together
by rpm triggers in order to create/delete jai symlinks in ./jre/lib/ext
as packages are installed/uninstalled.

The sun-java and jai-core issue is a good example for the role of
elgis-plus, because I don't believe EL or EPEL will ever be able to
provide jai-core (if Oracle doesn't move on this issues).

Btw. struggling with EL5/EPEL5 heritage is a bit complicated. Things
would be much easier if we started with EL6/EPEL6 from scratch :-)

Cheers
Ralph