GDAL 1.7.3 / Java software and repos (was Re: [El] imageio-ext)

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Nov 25 06:06:29 EST 2010

> Attaching the spec I have built in mock.
> AFAIK it does not need any JPackage stuff nor Sun-JDK.

I am now trying to build and deploy this in elgis-testing.

@Viji, is there any reason why we cannot use directly the sources from upstream?

# Source0:   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-%{version}.tar.gz
# see PROVENANCE.TXT-fedora for details
Source0:   %{name}-%{version}-fedora.tar.gz

I have scripts downloading automatically the sources and they make
life much easier...

Also, the closer we are from the original project the better, isn't it?
I'm not too comfortable with having the word "fedora" scattered all
over the place while all we want is just GDAL...