GDAL 1.7.3 / Java software and repos (was Re: [El] imageio-ext)

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Nov 25 16:32:58 EST 2010

> We also, but, hope you have read the PROVENANCE.TXT-fedora file to
> understand why there is a "fedora" extension.

Yes I replaced it with upstream at the time because I thought that if
these files were distributed by the GDAL project at all, it was
probably no big deal.

But of course it will be much easier to merge regularly the spec file
from Fedora if we keep this, so I have built the latest package using
the Fedora sources.

> Also, how many packages in the repo in which you have seen a "fedora"
> tag added to it?

Sorry, I was not clear: I meant within this particular spec file.
In general Fedora package are very simple and easy to rebuild with
upgrades from upstream (most of the ELGIS packages derive from Fedora
packages in the first place!)