[El] GDAL 1.7.3 in elgis-testing

Ralph Apel r.apel at r-apel.de
Fri Nov 26 04:53:30 EST 2010

The easiest way to remove the maven2 dependency from gdal-java is
omitting it. That would end up in gdal-java being another one among
several dozens (60+) of packages there around which are
providing /usr/share/maven2 and /usr/share/maven2/poms ...
Not perfect but practical.

The dependency is really an optional one. Requiring maven2 is only for
the purpose of NOT providing /usr/share/maven2/ etc.

ANOTHER option would be to package the poms and depmap frags into an
additional subpackage "gdal-java-poms" or "gdal-java-maven2", sort of
"If you want to use gdal-java properly with maven2, you should install
gdal-java-maven2, which of course requires maven2". That would be clean.