[El] QGIS 1.5.0 in elgis-plus-testing (with python plugins support)

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Mon Oct 4 15:33:17 EDT 2010

> I've followed your instructions and it installed without problems. Loading some random shape files or connecting to a PostGIS was fine.

Cool!

There are a few (minor) problems though:

1 - GDAL tools plugin not working
=> probably due to the fact that our gdal-python package is built
against base python (2.4)
I had a quick look and I see no quick and easy way to have a gdal-python26

2 - PostGIS Manager plugin not working
=>  requires  Psyco PG, same probably: python-psycopg2 from EPEL is
built against base python (2.4). This one should be easier to fix, by
creating a python26-psycopg2 (cf. below)

More generally, we now have quite a systematic approach to transform
python-* packages in python26-* packages.

Simply replace the python_sitelib and python_sitearch definitions by
adding this on top of the spec file:

# START

%define pyver 26
%define pybasever 2.6

%define __python /usr/bin/python%{pybasever}
%define __os_install_post %{__python26_os_install_post}

# sitelib for noarch packages, sitearch for others (remove the unneeded one)
%{!?python_sitelib: %global python_sitelib %(%{__python} -c "from
distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print(get_python_lib())")}
%{!?python_sitearch: %global python_sitearch %(%{__python} -c "from
distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print(get_python_lib(1))")}

# END

(this is how EPEL does for their python26-* packages)

then replace all:
(Build)Requires: python(-devel)
by
(Build)Requires: python26(-devel)

I used the same approach to repackage (deployed in elgis-testing):

python26-mod_wsgi
python26-virtualenv

which are required by the GeoNode project
(with the help of the GeoNode developers, we could deploy GeoNode 1.0
Beta on my CentOS 5.5 workstation, and we expect to be able to package
their 1.0 in ELGIS when they release it)

I have suggested EPEL to take these two packages over:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2010-October/msg00028.html

Cheers,

Mathieu