[El] pcraster support in GDAL/OGR 1.7.2 release (1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis.i386) ?

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Mon Oct 18 07:06:50 EDT 2010

--------Mauricio Zambrano <mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu> wrote--------
Subject: RE: RE: [El] pcraster support in GDAL/OGR 1.7.2 release	(1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis.i386) ?
Date: 18.10.2010 12:42

>Dear Peter,
>
>Thanks for your fast reply.
>

>> Anyway, you can get rebuild your own version easily.
>>
>> 1. Set up a build environment, (http://fedoranews.org/hoyt/rpm/)
>> 2. Download
>http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/testing/5/elgis/SRPMS/gdal-1.7.2-5_1.el5.elgis.src.rpm,
>> 3. Enable PCraster in gdal.spec
>> 4. build the package. In case you are prompted by TeX/LaTeXm give type
>"q" followed by enter
>
>Following the instructions, I got a problem.
>
>When I tried to install the .src.rpm file, I got the following warnings:
>
>sudo rpm -i gdal-1.7.2-5_1.el5.elgis.src.rpm
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root

These are not important

>and then, I couldn't find the
>
>~/rpmbuild/SOURCES and ~/rpmbuild/SPECS

you have to create them by hand: My rpmbuild/ looks like this:

[rpmbuild at rpm-devel ~]$ ls -l rpmbuild/
total 504
drwxrwxr-x 15 rpmbuild rpmbuild   4096 Oct 18 11:03 BUILD
drwxrwxr-x  4 rpmbuild rpmbuild   4096 May 31 16:55 RPMS
drwxrwxr-x  2 rpmbuild rpmbuild 466944 Oct 18 10:05 SOURCES
drwxrwxr-x  2 rpmbuild rpmbuild   4096 Oct 18 10:25 SPECS
drwxrwxr-x  2 rpmbuild rpmbuild   4096 Oct 18 11:27 SRPMS
drwxrwxr-x  2 rpmbuild rpmbuild   4096 Oct 18 11:27 tmp

>directories (probably because I do not have root privilegies for the
>computer I'm using at work).

You do not need root privileges for building. You'll need them to install the packages.

Try the instructions from http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SetupRpmBuildEnvironment .

>What should I do to to set up my build environment ?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Mauricio

Have fun & good luck,

Peter