[El] Re: R and GIS

Mauricio Zambrano mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Oct 21 06:51:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 10:20 +0200, Peter Hopfgartner wrote:
> Well, because I did use R in a completely different field (ANOVA and Statistical Process Control in a manufacturing industry) some years ago and
> have seen an increasing popularity of R in the GIS world in the past years.
>
> Now I'm curios which packages exist to integrate R with different GIS applications.

Here you can find a detailed overview:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html

Among them, rgdal, RSAGA, sprass6, RArcInfo, ...

Kinds,

Mauricio
-
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating
an official position of the European Commission."
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469
"Learning is not attained by chance,
it must be sought for with ardor and
attended to with diligence."
(Abigail Adams, 1744 - 1818)