[El] Trac instance for EL GIS

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Oct 27 03:36:30 EDT 2010

Hello,

a Trac instance has been created in order to track issues around the
packages we maintain:
http://trac.osgeo.org/el/

You need an OSGeo ID in order to book tickets.

As a procedure, I suggest the following:
- first ask the mailing list about your issue or wish
- if it cannot be addressed quickly, then book a ticket so that we can track it

For example:
- you notice that a new stable version of package X has been released
- you write to the mailing-list, suggesting that X should be updated
- if it is just a matter of updating the source code, rebuilding, and
deploying it to elgis-testing, and everything goes smoothly, then no
need to book a ticket
- if there are unexpected issues, or a debate on whether we should
update or not, etc. then the discussion moves to the Trac ticket
(and only those interested can then take part to the discussion by
adding themselves in the ticket cc., thus reducing the traffic on the
list)

As usual in free software communities, by booking a ticket one
implicitly volunteers to test its resolution.

Thanks to the SAC team of OSGeo for providing us with this tool!

Cheers,

Mathieu