[El] GDAL with PCRaster support, TinyOWS, mod_geocache in elgis-testing

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sun Oct 31 13:26:08 EDT 2010

Hi,

the following contributions of the last few weeks have been merged in
subversion and the related packages haven been built and deployed in
elgis-testing:

- GDAL 1.7.2 with PCRaster support (I also added curl-devel to the
build dependencies, so it should also have WMS support)

- TinyOWS 0.6.0

- mod_geocache 0.0.0.38 (latest SVN revision: 38), that would be great
to add sample mod_geocache and httpd configurations at some point. I
booked http://trac.osgeo.org/el/ticket/2, in order to keep this in
mind

Some notes for contributors:
- especially for new packages, please try to build them in mock first
(the one from CentOS, not from EPEL!), so that all build dependencies
are in the spec file. You can find some mock config files here:
https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/trunk/modules/org.argeo.elgis.rpmfactory/files/etc/mock/
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need support for your first mock
builds: this is much easier than it seems, and very clean

- for existing packages, please start from the spec file in
subversion, so that previous changes are integrated:
https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/trunk/rpmbuild/elgis/
<package>/SPECS/*.spec
(or https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/trunk/rpmbuild/elgis-plus/ ...)

Many thanks for these contributions!