[ELGIS] TIGER Geocoder

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Aug 5 15:07:17 EDT 2011

I'd like to try out the TIGER Geocoder that's at
http://postgis.refractions.net/download/ which suposedly has some
improvements over the Steve Frost's original version at
http://www.snowman.net/git/tiger_geocoder/

I'm running on CentOS 5.5 with Pg 9.0 but since I don't have much
experienece building things for CentOS, Does an one here know if this is
available as an RPM so I can just load it and go? (I'm not sure what it
would be callad if it was a package, so I 'm not sure how to look this
one up.

Any suggestions, help o r advice welcome. Ohterwise I'm just going to
load it and see what I run into. But if you know of a potential pitfall
I could stumble into please mention it?

Thx,

- Bill Thoen