[El] Qgis 1.6.0 without PCRaster support

Mauricio Zambrano mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Tue Feb 22 02:51:42 EST 2011

Dear List,

I'm currently using Qgis 1.6.0 (qgis-1.6.0-3_0.el5.elgis) along with
GDAL/OGR 1.7.2 (gdal-1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis), and I just realised that this
version of Qgis doesn't have enabled the support for PCRaster maps, even
if I'm able to read PCRasters maps from the system console.

Looking in he 'About' menu of Qgis, I found that the 1.6.0 version was
built with GDAL 1.7.3, so I  think the problem is there. I just wanted
to mention this for the next release of Qgis in Elgis.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to configure Flex for being able to compile
qgis...

Kind regards,

Mauricio

FLOODS Action
Land Management and Natural Hazards Unit
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
European Commission, Joint Research Centre
work-phone : (+39)-(0332)-789588
work-fax   : (+39)-(0332)-786653
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating
an official position of the European Commission."
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469