[El] Re: Back!!!!

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sat Jan 8 02:34:07 EST 2011

For CentOS 5, GDAL 1.7.2 is available in the ELGIS stable repo and GDAL
1.7.3 in ELGIS testing.
(the ELGIS repos depends on the EPEL repo)

It is pretty well tested.

For RHEL/CentOS 6, GDAL will be maintained in EPEL like most other GIS
software.

You can find more details here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS

@Viji: GDAL in EPEL 5 testing?
I cannot see it here:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/testing/5/i386/repoview/letter_g.group.html

On 8 Jan 2011 00:22, "Bill Thoen" <bthoen at gisnet.com> wrote:

Mathieu Baudier wrote:

> For my perspective, the highest priority would be to look at the confli...
Well, what timing. I haven't been following events here very closely lately,
but it looks like you'll be supporting GDAL/OGR for CentOS 5 soon? That was
the question I wanted  to ask, but it looks like the answer is "soon, but
not yet." Currently I just need ogr2ogr . Do you think I could compile that
from source for now or does that also require special libraries not part of
CentOS 5?

I'm basically just trying to avoid an "adventure"

Thanks for any advice,

Bill Thoen

GISnet - www.gisnet.com <http://www.gisnet.com/>
1401 Walnut St., Suite C