[ELGIS] TR: GDAL 1.8.0 add OGC Web Map Service format - WMS

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Jun 22 11:42:26 EDT 2011

> Indeed, there seems to be an issue with curl. ./configure generates some related messages:
>
> ====
> checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
>        found libcurl version 7.15.5
> checking for curl_global_init in -lcurl... no
> disabled
> ====

If I install the SRPM in my local rpmbuild env, run:
rpmbuild -bp --nodeps  SPECS/gdal.spec
cd BUILD/gdal-1.8.0

and then execute configure with only one argument:
./configure --with-curl

I get:

checking Checking for DODS... disabled
checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
        found libcurl version 7.15.5
checking for curl_global_init in -lcurl... yes
disabled
checking for sqlite3_open in -lsqlite3... yes

(so there is a 'yes', but then a 'disabled' on the next line which
puzzles me a bit)

and:

  EPSILON support:           no
  cURL support (wms/wcs/...):yes
  PostgreSQL support:        no

So it means that it can find the curl_global_init function somewhere
on my (rather dirty) workstation.

I will now look at it in a clean mock environment.
Ideas welcome!

Cheers,

Mathieu