[El] RHEL5: Problem with Qgis 1.6.0 and some python-dependant plugins

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Mar 29 04:48:33 EDT 2011

> No, I have the gdal-python module.

The GDAL python in ELGIS 5 is still built against python 2.4
I think that this explains most of your problems. I also have quite a
few QGIS plugins not working because of that.
(and others QGIS plugins are simply relying on python 2.6 libraries
which are not available either)

A solution could be to build a gdal-python26 module, using python 2.6,
because we probably want gdal-python to keep using the standard EL
Python (2.4).

I have booked this ticket to follow this up:
http://trac.osgeo.org/el/ticket/4
but I don't know when there will be time to look at this.

Cheers,

Mathieu