[El] GRASS 6.4.1 on SL 6

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Mon May 16 05:26:39 EDT 2011

> I'm considering to take the challenge the Volker threw out to me. (He mentioned the shortage of maintainers for Fedora/EPEL GIS stuff. I took that as a friendly hint on his part).  I'm still quite new with all the details of building RPMs. So I wouldn't be capable of contributing directly to EPEL until I gain some more experience. But meanwhile I'll try what I can, and learn on the way. Can I use ELGIS as a "suggestion box" to push packges into EPEL?

I think that this is a great idea.

Our scope is much smaller than EPEL, and thus we can afford to be less
formal than they are.
They actually already reused some of the things we had done just as
most of our work is based on original Fedora or EPEL packaging (which
IMHO is the whole point of free software)

The only thing is that I won be able to build and deploy EL6 packages
in the automated factory until CentOS 6 is out (and I could find the
time to set it up).

Meanwhile we are of course happy to host SRPMs.
I could also already create a temporary EL6 branch in the SVN
repository so that you can version your spec file.

So, I'm personally happy to support you the best I can in this endeavour.