[ELGIS] ELGIS 6: all packages now available in testing for 32 and 64 bits

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Nov 9 12:39:03 EST 2011

Hello,

ELGIS 6 Testing is now complete for both architectures (i386 and x86_64).
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS#Packages_matrix

I took the occasion to rebuild all packages on Scientific Linux 6.1,
so that there is a consistent set.
I tested that they install on CentOS 6.0 + CR repository.

New:
+ geos updated to v3.3.1, now providing geos-php
+ new postgis-client v1.7.3 package so that the utilities can be used
on environment where PostGIS is not installed
+ new spec file for grass v6.4.1, in line with the latest changes in Fedora
+ new spec file for qgis v1.7.1, in line with the latest changes in Fedora

Thanks to Peter for the geos update and the postgis enhancement.
Thanks to Volker for the grass and qgis spec files refactoring, and
for taking great care that they are very easy for us to rebuild.

Cheers,

Mathieu