[ELGIS] Getting started with mock..

Hatzopoulos, Nikolaos hatzopou at chapman.edu
Wed Nov 9 22:33:38 EST 2011

What I usually do is:

$cd ~
echo '%_topdir %(echo $HOME)/rpmbuild' >>  .rpmmacros
echo '%_tmppath %(echo $HOME)/tmp' >> .rpmmacros
mkdir rpmbuild tmp
cd rpmbuild
mkdir BUILD  BUILDROOT  RPMS  SOURCES  SPECS  SRPMS

sudo rpm -Uvh http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/*/elgis-release-*-*.noarch.rpm<http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/6/elgis-release-*-*.noarch.rpm>

depend on your RHEL version

yum install gdal-devel

you find the yourdevel.src.rpm
you make a:
rpm -i yourdevel.src.rpm

and you will see:
in the /home/youruser/rpmbuild/SPEC
you spec file

nohup rpmbuild -ba your.spec &

depend on what you are looking for the ba option (read the manual.. of google it)

tail -f nohup.out

usually you look for errors:

cat nohup.out | grep error
or