[ELGIS] PHP Seems to be Missing Support for PostgreSQL

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Nov 22 19:40:34 EST 2011

I just noticed that I've got version of PHP on one of my machines that's
different from the PHP on another machine, yet I thought I was getting
everything from the same repositories. Specifically, on machine A, PHP
has no support for PosgreSQL. And machine B does have it (see below)

I tried reinstalling PHP but I just got the same thing back. I notice
that in the repolists there's different servers supplying upgrades, but
aren't those mirror sites? I'm to inexperienced to recognize what's
misconfigured, but I sure would appreciate any help I can get. I don't
know how this happened but can anyone tell me what I need to do to get a
pgsql-friendly version of PHP on machine A?

=========
[root at hotspur ~]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bz2
calendar
ctype
curl
date
dbase
exif
ftp
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
libxml
mime_magic
openssl
pcntl
pcre
posix
pspell
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
zlib

===========
[root at walden ~]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bz2
calendar
ctype
curl
date
dbase
exif
ftp
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mime_magic
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
posix
pspell
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
zlib

And here's the repolist for both:
machine A
==============
[root at hotspur ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
  * base: mirrors.xmission.com
  * epel: mirrors.tummy.com
  * extras: mirror.steadfast.net
  * updates: centosi3.centos.org
repo id          repo
name                                                status
base             CentOS-5 -
Base                                          3,566
elgis            EL GIS 5 -
x86_64                                          136
epel             Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
x86_64           6,772
extras           CentOS-5 -
Extras                                          237
updates          CentOS-5 -
Updates                                         422
repolist: 11,133

machine B
==============
[root at walden ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: allowdowngrade, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror
  * base: mirror.steadfast.net
  * epel: mirror.steadfast.net
  * extras: mirror.5ninesolutions.com
  * updates: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
repo id          repo
name                                                status
base             CentOS-5 -
Base                                          3,566
elgis            EL GIS 5 -
x86_64                                          136
epel             Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
x86_64           6,771
extras           CentOS-5 -
Extras                                          237
updates          CentOS-5 -
Updates                                         422
repolist: 11,132
[