[ELGIS] Re: GIS support in EPEL

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Tue Apr 3 15:49:26 EDT 2012

What I said about the EPEL policy break is correct, but actually happened 10
months ago.

The actual problem we're seeing here, is the soname bump, breaking dependeny.
Normally, the soname should only change if the API changes, but GEOS keeps
their soname in sync with their releases version numbers, triggering
unnecessary rebuilds like this one.

Volker