[ELGIS] Package proposal: mapcache

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 00:15:47 PDT 2012

There is a release that atm is called "0_git052512+a8a8fe848c"
https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/tags, I would suggest to use
this as the version number for now.

MapCache and TinyOws will be released as part of mapserver 6.2
(currently in beta2) so I guess it will make sense for the maintainer
of mapserver to support MapCache and TinyOws (if there is time and
resources for this ofc).

MapCache install instructions:
http://mapserver.org/trunk/mapcache/install.html

To keep things in sync with UbuntuGIS I would suggest compiling as
Apache extension, cgi (not necessarily), fcgi with all the additional
configuration options like gdal, sqlite, tiff.