[ELGIS] Package proposal: mapcache

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 04:30:09 PDT 2012

I downloaded http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-6.2.0-beta2.tar.gz
but MapCache and TinyOWS are not there, but the Release Plan
(https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/MapServer-6.2-Release-Plan)
said:
RFC 70 : TinyOWS integration
RFC 71 : MapCache integration

I see both TinyOWS and MapCache have their own repositories inside
MapServer GIT. I think for now we call pull the code from GIT and
compile as a standalone package.

I can also ask on mapserver mailing/irc what is the exact plan for 6.2.