[ELGIS] Re: [SpatiaLite-Users] Not possible to build without Freexl

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Tue Jan 10 11:07:53 EST 2012

Am Montag, 9. Januar 2012, 00:01:35 schrieb Micha Silver:
>  On 01/04/2012 06:17 PM, Volker Fröhlich wrote:
> Scenario:
>
> Freexl is not installed
> Trying to build Libspatialite 3.0.1
>
> What's happening:
>
> configure --> configure: error: cannot find freexl.h, bailing out
> configure --disable-freexl --> configure finishes, build fails due to
> include in shapefiles.c
>
> Expected behaviour:
>
> Don't include freexl.h if disable-freexl is given
>
> There's also a typo in configure.ac, where it says proj=yes instead of
> freexl=yes (line 168). Autoreconf fails, because there is no m4 directory.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Volker
>

> Hi Volker:
> Any reason not to build freexl also? Is there a problem with support for
> the proprietary file format? Perhaps this is a good candidate for elgis?
> freexl + libgaiagraphics + spatialite-tools + spatialite_gui. My first
> attempt using mock, I've made a spec file for freexl, and got it to
> install in a fresh mock setup. I'd gladly send it if you'd like to review
> and suggest improvements. Regards,
> Micha

This message went off the list inadvertently and I also updated it:

No, that is all fine. Libgaiagraphics, spatialite-tools are finished for Fedora,
spatialite_gui should be in updates-testing soon, freexl just finished its
review and will be in EPEL6.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=libgaiagraphics.git
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=spatialite-tools.git
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=spatialite-gui.git
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=freexl.git

I tried to build without, because I haven't had Freexl handy at that moment
and ran into this bug.

It's a candidate for ELGIS to rebuild nevertheless with the new versions now.
I'll only start building them, when I make sure, QGIS works with 3.0.

Volker