[ELGIS] RHEL GRASS GIS Installation

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Jan 19 05:02:03 EST 2012

On 18/01/12 13:13, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
>> How can I check it?
>
> I don't have an RHEL environment to look at.
> You need to look for an 'Optional' repository, maybe
> under /etc/yum.repos.d
>
> I'm not sure that this will solve you're problem, but there was a
> similar issue with RHEL 6 and that how we solve it.
>
> If you don't find out by yourself, I suggest you to ask Red Hat support.
>
> Also maybe other members of the list know how to activate the Optional
> repository on RHEL 5?

Hi Hrach and Mathieu,

Unfortunately (reagarding your problem), I just managed to migrate  from
RHEL5 to RHE6 a couple of days ago (for many reasons that would be long
to describe), so I can not reproduce your problem.

However, I had grass 6.4 correctly installed in RHEL5 from ELGIS without
any problem.

Probably you may try with

$ sudo yum install grass
(instead of 'yum install grass.x86_64')

IHTH.

Kinds,

Mauricio

PS,

My configuration:

Linux dXX1riXXXXXX 2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 13 16:21:34
EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and

grass-6.4.1-1.el6.x86_64 from ELGIS6

FLOODS Action
Water Resources Unit (H01)
European Commission, Joint Research Centre (JRC)
webinfo    : http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating
an official position of the European Commission."