[ELGIS] [Fwd: Re: installing grass on red hat]

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:20:49 PDT 2012

Volker,

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Volker Froehlich <volker27 at gmx.at> wrote:

> First off, you can use yum-builddeps <name-of-package> to install
> necessary development packages and build requirements.

Thanks for this!

> What are you doing with all the libraries in your home directory?
>
> I highly recommend to at least take a look at the spec file of the Grass
> package in ELGIS. There are quite a few tweaks.

Thanks, I currently figured out compiling. The last problem I had is the
following: after compiling, i run grass but i get:

GRASS 6.4.3svn (nc_spm_08):~ > 3D view mode: libgeos-3.3.5.so: cannot open
g.list: error while loading shared libraries: libgeos-3.3.5.so: cannot open
g.list: error while loading shared libraries: libgeos-3.3.5.so: cannot open
GRASS module 'g.region' not found. Unable to start map display window.

And the GUI crashes.

I tried to run:

export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/leomarg/gis/tgeos/lib:/home/leomarg/gis/tgdal/lib

with apparently no results.

locate libgeos-3.3.5.so says that it is not present.

I compiled geos with the following config:

./configure --prefix=/home/leomarg/gis/tgeos
--with-pymodir=/home/leomarg/gis/tgeos --with-sqlite3=no --with-sqlite=no
--with-odbc=no --without-libtool

I'm compiling everything again... but I actually am missing something... ?

Thank you in advance

--
Dr. Margherita Di Leo