[ELGIS] osm2pgsql?

Matthew Foster matthew.foster at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 7 11:27:55 PST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:27 AM, Peter Hopfgartner <
peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com> wrote:

>  On 11/06/2012 07:28 PM, Matthew Foster wrote:
> Hi Mathiew
>
> I just set up the elgis repo on a RHEL 6 x86_64 machine, so I could get
> osm2pgsql.  I enabled the testing repo, as the matrix on the wiki indicated
> that is where osm2pgsql resides.
>
>  Could you test this package:
> http://attic.r3-gis.com/upload/osm2pgsql-0.80.0-0.20111124svn_1.el6.x86_64.rpm?
> The src.rpm is
> http://attic.r3-gis.com/upload/osm2pgsql-0.80.0-0.20111124svn_1.el6.x86_64.rpm
>
> Apparently, it is not actually there.  Does anyone know the status of
> osm2pgsql?
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  Matt
>
>  Regards,
>
> Peter

> --
> Peter Hopfgartner
> web  : http://www.r3-gis.com

Thanks Peter!

It appears to be working.  I did have a minor issue with the fact that this
binary was linked specifically to libgeos-3.3.1, which was not available in
any of the repos I have configured.  I have geos-3.3.5.  I simply created a
symbolic link from libgeos-3.3.5.so -> libgeos-3.3.1.so, and it seems to be
happy.

Matt