[ELGIS] The latest versions of the core packages are now in ELGIS6 Testing (only x86_64)

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Nov 28 09:32:18 PST 2012

Hello,

I have already deployed the packages built from our branch of the
Feodra Git repositories (see http://elgis.argeo.org/gitweb/).
I haven't completely streamlined the process yet so I have only built
the x86_64 packages, i386 will follow later on.

You can see the available versions in the wiki (GDAL v1.9.1, QGIS
v1.8.0, PostGIS v1.5.8, GRASS v6.4.2, ...):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS#Packages_matrix

Be careful because this is a pretty significant change and there may
be side-effects when updating from the previous packages (I haven't
noticed any so far).
Do not update production environments without prior testing.

Only MapServer doesn't have the latest version. We are working on it
with Peter and it should be available soon.

Cheers,

Mathieu