[ELGIS] ELGIS RPMs/SRPMs recovered (was Re: Enterprise Linux GIS repository down)

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Sep 19 13:06:36 PDT 2012

> We have separate backups for ELGIS SVN repository and are in the
> process of recovering ELGIS RPMs among other data.

Good news!
We could recover all RPMs and SRPMs (ELGIS 5 and 6)

I did a temporary copy and rerun createrepo on all repositories in
order to make sure that nor RPM was corrupted.

> It may take up to a few days to restore ELGIS services (I prefer to
> lower expectations).

We still have work to do in order to check all the data on the various
other Argeo servers, before we can start redeploying the
infrastructure.

All the ELGIS repos take 4GB space.

If someone can provide this space online until our servers are back,
I'm happy to upload it somewhere.

Just contact me directly and send me:
- an hostname / IP address
- a path on the server to rsync it to (or scp if rsync is not
installed on the server)
- SSH credentials (I can send my public RSA key)

Cheers,

Mathieu