[ELGIS] Mapserver 6.4.0

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Wed Oct 30 05:00:19 PDT 2013

On 10/29/2013 03:30 PM, Milo van der Linden wrote:
> Hello list,

Hi Milo,
> We would like to have mapserver 6.4.0 available from the elgis
> repository. I am currently looking at the latest spec file in order to
> test if this is at all possible.
>
> I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. What is the best place to get(and update) the latest spec file
> http://elgis.argeo.org/gitweb/?p=mapserver.git;a=summary or
> https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/branches/5-stable/rpmbuild/elgis
> ?

you could start from this,
http://freegis.r3-gis.com/mapserver-6.2.1-0.2.freegis6.src.rpm, which
was derived from the upstream Fedora package and slightly adapted to EL.
> 2. In the spec file for 6.0.1. it states:
>
> Release:        3_0%{?dist}
>
> What does this mean, and what should it be replaced with for mapserver
> 6.4.0?
>
> 3. The spec file references java-1.6.0;
>
> BuildRequires:  java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel swig > 1.3.24 java-1.6.0-openjdk
>
> Why is this and can this dependency be removed?

If you do not need the java bindings, then comment out the java parts.
Indeed, in the above package, the Java part is commented out.

> Thank you!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Milo van der Linden

Regards,