[ELGIS] QGIS 2.0 now in Fedora Rawhide

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Sat Sep 28 10:08:49 PDT 2013

On 28/09/13 18:51, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Volker Fröhlich <volker27 at gmx.at> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> QGIS 2.0 is in Fedora Rawhide and F20 now. It will not ship in F19, because
>> it's not backwards compatible when it comes to plug-ins and I don't want to
>> break things in the middle of a release lifecycle.
>
> Great work, Volker!
>
> For the more courageous F19 users like me, any suggestion how to compile it?
> Grab the SRPM and go?
>
> thanks
> Markus

Hi Markus!

Yes, just rebuild it! I've got it working on F18, so I don't expect any
issues in F19. Here's a quick guide I put together for those not yet
experienced:
https://www.zabbix.org/wiki/Docs/howto/rebuild_rpms#Pre-requisites

Just follow the "Pre-requisites" and run:

mock -r my_fedora_version_config --rebuild my_source_rpm.src.rpm

I'd be glad if you could give Grass 6.4.3 a spin too. I think I haven't
switched to the new desktop file yet; that's one of the tickets open. It
was more of an emergency update. It definitely needs more work.

Greetings,

Volker